Rediscovering San Francisco

by - July 13, 2017


San Francisco was always a destination at the back of my head. It would've made it to my list of "go-to's" in California, alongside Universal Studios Hollywood and Disneyland if it weren't so dang far away from Los Angeles. 

Ever since my first visit to San Francisco back when I was about 4 years old, the only views I'd get on this city were through movies like The Princess Diaries and Mrs. Doubtfire, vlogs, photosets, and Facebook and Instagram posts of friends and family members who made the trip. Needless to say, over the years my wanderlust for SF City grew, and when my relatives in California promised me a trip to this city and other places nearby on my June 2017 trip, I was beyond ecstatic.

The drive from Yosemite to Santa Cruz to San Francisco was not easy, especially when travelling with a large group in two separate family vans. Accommodations were also quite difficult to find because of the short notice and the size of our group. We almost decided to book rooms at some budget hotel, but I was quick to make other suggestions once I saw pictures of the room which reminded me of places they'd investigate on Buzzfeed Unsolved. We ended up in an AirBnB which comfortably housed all 13 of us. 

Less than three days in SF City are not enough. Walking around with a big group including three kids below 6 years old means having to adjust to whoever is feeling tired or needs a break. The weather when we came to visit wasn't the most delightful either. On our second day, which is when we decided to visit key tourist destinations, the fog (which I later learned was named "Carl" by residents) rolled in and kept us feeling really cold and of course, obstructed our views. Nevertheless, the fog made pictures a bit more interesting and unique. Despite all the breaks we had to take in between walks and the unforgiving fog, I tried to take in as much as I could, appreciating the Victorian yet modern architecture, and the life that breathed through the side streets of this colorful city. 

VISUAL DIARY OF SAN FRANCISCO




















Thank you, Carl, for blocking the Golden Gate Bridge. Thank you. I appreciate you coming in on the one day I had the chance to go sightseeing. 

You May Also Like

0 comments